St. John’s Food Bank New Client Registration
Please read prior to filling out the application:
Our ministry was established in 2002 with the mission to provide food assistance to our community during times of difficulty. Our hope is that – with our help – you can get through your hardship and regain your self-sufficiency. The Food Bank is supported through the generosity of the Community Food Share of Boulder and Broomfield, the donations and prayers of the St. John the Baptist Parishioners, and our partners within the city of Longmont.
You will receive a box of food each week based on the size of your household.
- At this time, the Food Bank can ONLY provide food assistance. We cannot help with non-food items, rent, utilities, gasoline, medical bills, automotive repairs, etc.
- Please inform the Food Bank of any changes in information or status, including phone number, address, household size, dietary needs, and so on.
- We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions of our clients. But we are not responsible for issues stemming from allergies or nutritional needs.
- Our assistance is not intended to be long-term, as we do not wish to create a dependency. You will receive a weekly food box for up to six (6) months. After that, you will receive a notice roughly fifteen (15) days prior to your last box. Extensions may be possible but will need to be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- If you need to suspend or are ready to end service, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Please pick up your weekly food box any time during our hours of operations.
- Please try not to miss more than one (1) week each month. Ideally, we hope you will pick up your food each week. If you must miss a week, please contact us so your food can be re-distributed to other households. Missing more than one week without alerting us may result in you being flagged and removed from our client list.
- A photo ID is required when picking up your food box. If someone else is picking up your box for you, please let us know ahead of time.
- We may require up to a week to set up a regular delivery time and day. Once you have been assigned a driver, you will be contacted. Your delivery should be in the same two-hour window the same day each week.
- We ask that someone be at home to receive your delivery each week. If no one is available to accept the food box, it will be returned to the Food Bank. If you cannot receive a food box during a particular week, please contact us to let us know. If we are unable to deliver your food box more than one week in a row, you may be flagged and removed from our client list.
- If possible, please offer assistance with the food boxes, especially if you are living in upper floor housing.
- Please ensure that there is a clear, unblocked path to your door – this includes snow and ice removal. Please have any pets constrained and under control.
Our hard-working, dedicated team of volunteers have responded to the call of Jesus Christ to feed the hungry – please be sure to show your appreciation for all that they do!
We are happy for the opportunity to help you during this difficult period of your life. We hope our ministry will assist you in recovering and regaining your self-sufficiency.